This documentary is a must see for all who would like to shed their inhibitions and fear based misconceptions surrounding child birth, the natural way.
The film documents actual home births and water births. They follow a midwife, Cara, in New York as she takes care of and attends several births. They then give the audience several shocking statistics about our current birthing techniques and challenges today's doctors. For example, the United States has the second worst newborn death rate in the developed world. Many experts are interviewed and they cite a multitude of reasons for this dismal statistic such as the overuse of medical procedures in the interest of saving time.
References : Wikipedia ~ The Business Of Being Born
Related Articles :
- Daniel Tammet : The Boy With The Incredible Brain
- Who's Driving The Dreambus ?! ::: Movie
- Food Inc. : A Documentary On The Corporatization Of Food
- Radiance : An Experience Of Light Documentary
- Dr. Bruce Lipton ~ The Biology Of Perception Documentary
- The Union : The Business Behind Getting High
- A Course In Miracles Unleashed Movie
- Gnostic Media : The Pharmacratic Inquisition
- The World According To Monsanto : A Documentary On Food