An observatory looking over the valley has been keeping track of all these anomalous lights which keep showing up from time to time making this area appear like some sort of a UFO portal.
Hessdalen is a small valley in the central part of Norway. At the end of 1981 through 1984, residents of the Valley became concerned and alarmed about strange, unexplained lights that appeared at many locations throughout the Valley. Hundreds of lights were observed. At the peak of activity there were about 20 reports a week.
Project Hessdalen was established in the summer of 1983. A field investigation was carried out between 21.January and 26.February 1984. Fifty-three light observations were made during the field investigation. Assistant professor Erling Strand, the founder of the Hessdalen project, conducted together with the author the first international congress of the Hessdalen phenomena in 1994. This congress attracted scientists from all over the world and boosted the scientific research in Hessdalen.
Statements from the congress indicated that explanation of the phenomena could lead to new concepts in physics. This congress also started the collaboration between Østfold University College in Norway and CNR in Italy. Together with Dr. Stelio Montebugnoli the author started the EMBLA project, with the purpose of studying the electromagnetic radiation and behavior of the Hessdalen phenomena in 1999. Lights are still being observed in the Hessdalen Valley, but their frequency has decreased to about 20 observations a year.
Conclusions from over 25 years of research and after Italian SETI scientists got involved with much more highly sophisticated equipment ...
* The phenomenon is identified as a bright flying object with special characteristics making it unique to science."
* The phenomenon is more complex and diverse than expected, indicating more than 1 single kind of phenomenon."
* The phenomenon is sometimes made up of separate units that may depart and fly away.
* The speed varies from still to 8km per second."
* The phenomenon changes course in speeds indicating no mass by physical means.
* The phenomenon seems to be able to take on pieces of plasma or energy from the ground whilst passing by.
* The phenomenon seems to radiate energy due to the light and frequency change of colour.
* Many interesting spectra in the optical and radio frequency range have been detected but more data is needed to draw proper conclusions.
10 Years Of Scientific Research of the Hessdalen Phenomenon (PDF)
Related Articles :
- Amazing UFO Fleet Over Cardiff UK : 19th Feb 2010
- The Day Before Disclosure : Documentary Film
- UFO Sighting : Karnal, Haryana - India
- Evidence : The Case For NASA UFOs Documentary
- Blue Spiral UFO Over Norway : December 2009
- Crop Circles : Crossovers From Another Dimension
- Nassim Haramein on Coast 2 Coast : UFOs Around The Sun & More ...
- UFOs Over Delhi Airport : 7th March 2007
- UFOs Flying Over Poland : Early April 2010