"The Story of God : Life, The Universe & Everything" is an epic journey across continents, cultures and eras exploring religious beliefs from their earliest incarnations, through the development of today's major world faiths and the status of religious faith in a scientific age. The series examines the roots of religious beliefs in prehistoric societies and the different ways in which humanity's sense of the divine developed. It looks at the divergence between religions that worship a range of deities and those that represent strict monotheism.
The Story of God series explores the origins of religion. The documentary focuses on the three Abrahamic faiths, and discusses belief in God in a scientific age. The series included a number of interviews with scientists including Dean Hamer, atheist Richard Dawkins, and members of the CERN programme.
During the documentary Winston debates notable creationist Ken Ham, visiting the creation museum where, he claims, "scientific facts are ignored in favour of religious certainty." He presents his view that science and religion have an important role in human development, but absolute certainty in either, 'can lead to serious problems'.
Winston also wrote a book titled The Story of God which was published in 2005.
Reference : The Story Of God ~ Wikipedia
Related Articles :
- UFOs Angels & Gods : The Bible and Flying Saucers
- Deepak Chopra : How To Know God Movie
- As Above So Below : Fractal Evolution
- Ancient Vedic Knowledge Documentary
- Who is God ?! by Neale Donald Walsch
- Atom : The Illusion Of Reality ~ A BBC Documentary
- The Story of a Mystical & Diverse India
- The Lost Years Of Jesus in Kashmir, India