About the Film
There is a hidden society at the end of the world. One thousand men and women live together under unbelievably close quarters in Antarctica, risking their lives and sanity in search of cutting-edge science.
Now, for the first time, an outsider has been admitted. In his first documentary since GRIZZLY MAN, Werner Herzog, accompanied only by his camerman, traveled to Antarctica, with rare access to the raw beauty and raw humanity of the ultimate Down Under.
ENCOUNTERS AT THE END OF THE WORLD, Herzog’s latest meditation on nature, explores this land of Fire, Ice and corrosive Solitude.
Source : Encounters - The Film
Related Articles :
- Light At The Edge of the World : Himalayas ~ Science of the Mind
- Earth Pilgrims Movie : A Spiritual Adventure
- Sean Penn's "Into The Wild" Movie
- Earthlings : A Documentary on Nature Animals & Humans
- Baraka means Blessing
- The Extraordinary Nature of Water
- The Secret Life of Plants Documentary
- Our 'Home' Planet Earth Movie