The incident spanned four days in 1980. Rendlesham Forest is a large pine forest, east of Ipswich, in Suffolk, England. Nearby are the twin NATO air bases, RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge; at the time both bases were being leased to the United States Air Force. Several UFO incidents, including multiple-witness sightings by military personnel, ground traces, and radioactive anomalies were reported from Rendlesham forest. According to USAF security patrolmen on duty, "the object was described as being metallic in appearance and triangular in shape, approx. 2-3 meters across the base... it illuminated the entire forest with a white light, and had a pulsing red light on top and a bank(s) of blue lights underneath." In November, 2002, the British Ministry of Defense released the "Rendlesham File" of documents related to and confirming the Rendlesham Forest incident.
"Britain's Closest Encounter" is regarded as one of the best documentaries yet made about the Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident. The documentary focuses not just on the case itself but also the investigators: believers, former believers and skeptics.
In this section the programme makers interviewed Vince Thurkettle, the local forester who was familiar with the site at which the UFO supposedly landed, and who was able to explain both the physical traces on the ground and the flashing light that was seen between the trees.
Related Articles :
- Rendlesham Forest UFO : Britain's Roswell ~ A History Channel Documentary
- UFOs : It Has Begun Documentary
- Mysterious Orange UFOs/Orbs Over Britain
- Rendlesham Bentwaters-Woodbridge UFO Documentary
- Classic UFO Case : Phoenix Lights Arizona
- UFO Invasion At Rendlesham Documentary
- Amazing UFO Fleet Over Cardiff UK 19th Feb 2010
- Brazil Air Force UFO Disclosure