Born on April 14th, 1935, in Zofingen, Switzerland, Erich von Daniken was educated at the College St-Michel in Fribourg, where already as a student he occupied his time with the study of the ancient holy writings.
While managing director of a Swiss 5-Star Hotel, he wrote his first book, Chariots of the Gods, which was an immediate bestseller in the United States, Germany, and later in 38 other countries.
In the United States, Erich von Daniken won instant fame as a result of the television special “In Search of Ancient Astronauts,” based upon his first book. In 1993, the German television station SAT-1 started a twenty-five part TV series with and by Erich von Daniken, entitled “Auf den Spuren der All-Machtigen” (Pathways of the Gods). In 1996, the American TV company ABC/Kane produced a one-hour special, filmed all over the world, entitled Chariots of the Gods – The Mysteries Continue.
This film was broadcast on the ABC network on September 26th 1996. In 1996/97 ABC/Kane produced another documentary with Erich von Daniken (seen on the Discovery Channel). In Germany, the biggest TV network, RTL, showed the film on November 26th, 1996. 7,7 million viewers in Germany alone watched the program. Today, Erich von Daniken continues his filming with ABC and RTL.
Related Articles :
- Ancient Aliens : A History Channel Documentary
- The Silent Revolution of Truth : The Billy Meier Story
- The Legend of Atlantis : Documentary Series
- God and the Alien Connection !
- Danny Dyer : I Believe in UFOs ~ A BBC 3 Documentary
- Google's UFO Doodle : Creating Awareness !
- The Day The Earth Stood Still Movie
- Entheogenic Shamanism : Ancient Astronauts
- Aliens Building Base in the Himalayas